Family seeks answers months after Embu prison warden was linked to alleged attack on minors

Date:

What began as a normal business day for Josoline Kagendo quickly turned into a nightmare that she says still haunts her family months later.

The mother of two from Mugoko Village in Majimbo, Mbeti North, Embu County, is now pleading with authorities to help her get justice for her young children after an alleged assault that shocked local residents.

Kagendo recalled that on December 5 last year, she was attending to customers at her kiosk when neighbours rushed to inform her that there was chaos near her home involving her two children, aged seven and six.

Alarmed by the reports, she immediately ran back home, where she found a large crowd gathered outside the house of a prison warden attached to Embu GK Main Prison.

According to the distraught mother, the children were found in a horrifying condition. She claimed their hands had been tied, while polythene bags covered their faces.

She also alleged that ropes had been fastened around their necks.

Residents who responded to the incident claimed the children had been assaulted and mistreated before villagers intervened to rescue them.

Some locals further alleged that petrol had been poured on the minors, raising fears that the situation could have ended in tragedy if residents had not arrived in time.

Kagendo said she immediately rushed the children to hospital, where they received treatment following the ordeal. Even after the rescue, residents claimed the alleged suspect attempted to follow the mother and her children, but villagers prevented any further confrontation.

Five months later, the mother says little progress has been made in the case. She accuses authorities of failing to take meaningful action despite the seriousness of the allegations.

The suspect, according to residents, was attached to the Kenya Prisons Service at Embu GK Main Prison at the time of the incident.

Local resident Nancy Wawira, who has been vocal in demanding justice for the minors, claimed that efforts by residents to push for accountability have faced several challenges.

She alleged that the prison department has remained silent on whether disciplinary or legal action was taken against the officer.

Wawira further claimed that Kagendo has spent months moving from one office to another in search of justice without getting clear answers.

Residents now suspect that the officer may have been transferred to Nanyuki, a move they fear could make it harder for the family to pursue the matter fully.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Share post:

Subscribe

Popular

More like this
Related

Nashon Pessa reveals why he left UDA during candid Political Ringside discussion on 2027 politics

Political discussions in Kenya continue to attract strong public...

“We need services, not politics” Frustrated Homa Bay residents put county leadership on the spot

Pressure is steadily mounting on Homa Bay Governor Gladys...

Questions emerge over death of KINAP architecture student in Kiambu police custody

Questions continue to surround the death of a young...

Security forces dismantle suspected Al-Shabaab camp in Digdiga operation

A joint security operation carried out in the Digdiga...

You cannot copy content of this page